Applicable Job Roles: web designer, UI web developer, webmaster, web application developers
- Variables and Strings
- Creating and using Arrays
- Conditional Statements
- Using Loops for Repetitive tasks
- Combing Loops and Arrays
- Browser Debugging Tools
- What is an object?
- Built-in Objects: Data, Math and Number
- Working with images
- Handling events
- Referencing HTML elements
- Adding Content to a Page
- Overview of using jQuery, Moderizer and MooTools
- Maps: Google Maps API
- Creating custom objects
- Performance tips
- Keeping your scripts clean
Students should be very knowledgeable in XHTML and CSS. Students are recommended to have completed Introduction to XHTML (H401) and Introduction to CSS (H151) or have equivalent knowledge.
A modern browser: Firefox for Windows or Mac (required for debugging).
A web host to post assignments.