Applicable Job Roles: web designers (and those learning to be), website copywriters, programmers and IT staff, web project managers, marketing professionals, and small business owners managing their own websites
- SEO 101 – The Basics
- Developing an SEO plan
- Studying your competition
- Steps to creating top ranking pages
- Important on- the- page SEO elements
- Keyword selection and relevancy
- Critical link elements
- Evaluating link quality
- Link building tools
- Specific link building strategies
- A link building planner
- Content marketing
- Design hindrances, avoiding penalties, algorithmic updates
- Fully utilizing SE Webmaster Tools
- Suggestions for site architecture and the 301
- More SEO tools and measuring success
- The future of search
- Pulling it all together
- This course requires a general familiarity of the Internet, with 1 year of experience on the Web recommended. While not required, students who have had courses in web technologies, HTML and programming related to web page design will find it useful.
- eBook SubscriptioneBook and SearchEngineNews “Basic News” Subscription: Students will need to obtain a subscription to the “Basic News” plan through SearchEngineNews.com for at least 5 weeks at $12 cost. (By by doing a $1 week trial at the start of the course and one month’s membership for $12 it will carry you through week 5 of class, when you can cancel it or choose to continue.) Your subscription to SearchEngineNews.com is designed to teach you the latest SEO happenings.
- For the course we’ll supplementing course lectures and materials with readings from ‘The Unfair Advantage Book on Winning the Search Engine Wars’, a eBook from Planet Ocean Communications. This acclaimed book is downloadable with your SearchEngineNews.com membership.
There will also be extensive references in the course through week 5 to online resources within SearchEngineNews.com that are available to subscribers, as well as to other sources for notable articles, checklists and SEO tools.
- Additional instructions and a link for the SearchEngineNews membership, which gives you access to the downloadable eBook, are available in the classroom prior to the start of the class.
|Your place in the course is confirmed by your payment. Introductory courses are intended for students with no experience in the subject matter and are seeking beginner level training.|