- Understand what a relational database is
- Compare MySQL with other relational databases
- Understand the role of MySQL in industry
- Understand data structure and entities
- Be able to model data and build relationships
- Know how to normalize a database
- Understand the MySQL open source license
- Be able to troubleshoot common installation issues
- Learn how to use the MySQL command line
- Effectively use MySQL security
- Be able to use column types effectively
- Know how to use special commands to effciently use MySQL
- Be able to pinpoint problems and understand performance tuning
- Understand basic client/server and 3-tier architectures
- Understand concepts of data processing
- Understand object/relational modeling for MySQL
- Design an application model
- Identify languages that support MySQL
- Understand the CGI specification
- Know how to initiate and terminate a database connection
- Create simple dynamically generated HTML<
One of the SQL courses (MS303, MS304, MS302 or MS301) (or basic knowledge of SQL)
Knowledge of HTML is helpful.
No book is required.
Suggested Book Mysql Tutorial
Your place in the course is confirmed by your payment. Introductory courses are intended for students with no experience in the subject matter and are seeking beginner level training.
Refund Policy: Please read our Terms and Refund Policy before registering for this course.
Additional Cost: Book and software might be required for the course. Read the Requirements and Book section for more information. Course fee does not include the book and software cost .
How eClasses Work:Instructors post lectures (text-based, no video or audio), reading selections, and hands-on assignments once a week in the online classroom. Students can discuss the assignments with the instructor and amongst themselves in the classroom area. This format has no set meeting time, which allows students to attend class at a time most convenient to them, yet still provides logically organized communication between class participants. Students can apply for the completion certificate after finishing the class.